Importance of using an Insurance Broker
"An insurance broker is a professional adviser who is an expert in insurance
and risk management. They work on behalf of you, the client."
Why you should use an insurance broker
- An insurance broker can save you time, money and worry;
- Assist you to assess your level of risk and how best to manage it;
- Insurance can be complicated so an insurance broker can help you understand the details of a policy and also help you work out what level of cover you need;
- Provide advice and guidance on the purchase of the right insurance products and can organise covers that are tailored to your individual business requirements;
- Offer pay by the month Premium Funding options;
- They are your claims advocate, there when you need them the most;
- Assist you with the preparation and settlement of claims;
- Liaise with the insurance company to negotiate the best possible claims outcome for you.
An insurance broker works for you, they don't “sell” insurance
Insurance brokers work on behalf of you and can be relied on to provide professional advice in your best interest. An insurance broker will help you identify which risks you face and then tap into their extensive relationships with insurers to obtain a number of options for you to review against your business needs and budget. Brokers can explain the terms and conditions, benefits, exclusions and costs of a wide range of insurance policies.
Using a broker may cost you less than insuring direct
Using an insurance broker may cost less than arranging direct with an insurer because brokers have knowledge of the insurance market and have the ability to negotiate competitive premiums on your behalf. In addition, because insurance brokers deal with a range of insurance companies directly, sometimes they can access policies that are not available directly to general consumers.
EBM's brokers - qualified and focussed on continuous development
All of EBM's insurance brokers are qualified with a Diploma of Insurance Broking, or Tier 1 and Tier 2 qualifications. Most of our Senior Brokers are Qualified Practising Insurance Brokers (QPIB) with the National Insurance Brokers Association (NIBA) which ensures standards for ongoing professional training. EBM's insurance brokers negotiate both the cover and the price to suit our clients’ needs, with a strong emphasis on ensuring real value in the risk solutions we provide. Utilising our strong market position and industry knowledge, we have negotiated special wordings and pricing that individuals and small to medium sized businesses could not obtain on a one-off basis.
EBM's ongoing support and claims advocacy
An insurance broker’s role doesn’t end when they have arranged your insurance. They are up to date and active in both the national and global insurance market on a daily basis. They advise on new and emerging risks. They are your Claims advocates, in your corner when it counts the most, ensuring you get what you are entitled to as quickly and efficiently as possible. At renewal time your broker will review your risks and the market to ensure you are adequately protected as well as getting good value for money.
As NIBA members EBM are bound by the NIBA Insurance Brokers Code of Practice.