Wholesalers and Importers Insurance
As an Importer, Exporter, Distributor or Wholesaler you are open to a wide range of risks that EBM’s specialised brokers can assist with finding a cover that suits your business requirements determine the best risk management strategy.
Wholesaler risks may include lost or damaged stock through fire, storm or theft, products that you supply causes personal injury suffered by another person or property damage. Other general risks which apply to most businesses include someone injuring themselves on your premises or having your business property damaged.
Our experienced brokers can help you get the right insurance cover by assessing your specific needs and assisting with the best insurance solution for your business, whilst maintaining a high standard of cover. Our role is to help identify risk and determine the best way to manage it.
Insurable risks for Importers, Exporters, Wholesalers or Distributors relate to theft and public liability, transportation property, stock, building and contents.
EBM offers numerous types of insurances for Imports, Exports and Wholesalers which can address your exposures and protect your assets:
- Public Liability covers your wholesaler and importer business for losses or damages that a third party has suffered. For example property damage or personal injury. This risk could range from a visitor to your warehouse slips and falls and injures themselves on your premises, to one of your employees causing property damage whilst at a customer’s premises.
- Products Liability covers an importer and wholesaler company’s liability for losses or injuries caused by a defect or malfunction of products manufactured or sold. Products Liability insurance is recommended for manufacturers, retailers wholesalers and importers. As a wholesaler you may find yourself legally liable for the products you have supplied and may be liable for any losses relating to the products.
- Property (including theft, money & glass) covers your wholesale premises in case of theft, attempted theft, armed hold up or the accidental or intentional breakage of glass. Whether you store these products in your garage or a large warehouse, it is important to insure your goods from these risks.
Additional insurance covers for Importers, Exporters, Distributors or Wholesalers that can be included in your policy:
- Cargo insurance / Marine Transit / Transit insurance covers damage to goods you are importing or exporting while in transit.
- Product recall covers expenses incurred in the recall of defective products.
- Management Liability covers the cost of defending importer, exporter, distributor or wholesaler directors, managers and employers against any claims that are the result of their actions or decisions.
- Business Interruption covers your wholesaler and importer business for a gross profit loss resulting from a disruption to your business by an insured incident such as storm damage, theft or fire. It covers the profits that would have been earned and returns your importer or wholesaler business to the same financial position it would have been in, if no damage or loss had occurred.
- Workers’ Compensation covers your business in case of accidental employee injury whilst at work.
- Machinery & Electronic Equipment Breakdown covers the breakdown or failure of electronic equipment.
- Tax Audit covers your wholesaler business in the event of a random tax audit.
- Cyber Liability protects your school against the expenses and legal costs associated with data breaches, which may occur after being hacked or from theft of student and parent information.
- Personal Accident & Illness covers death or disability following an accident or illness (cancellable contract).
Car Insurance for Wholesaler Business Owners
- Our motor vehicle insurance team will research the most suitable car insurance policies for business owners with your vehicle type and driving requirements (e.g., work or family or both, long distance or city driving, vehicle age etc.), and make sure you get exactly the cover you need.
- Compulsory Third Party (CTP) offers protection against claims for compensation if you injure or kill someone in a motor vehicle accident.
- Third Party Fire and Theft in addition to covering damage to the property of others provides some limited cover for your own car if it is damaged or lost because of fire or theft.
- Third Party Property covers the cost to repair damage caused by your car to other people’s property. It will also cover your legal costs if they sue you over that damage.
- Comprehensive covers everything in the lesser insurance options and it also covers you for accidental damage to your own car, regardless of who caused the damage. Comprehensive also has a range of optional extras, including replacement vehicles while you can’t drive your own car and no-excess windscreen replacement if you have a crash.
Our expertise in Import and Export Insurance means we can help identify risk and determine the best way to manage it.
We take the worry out of protecting your Distributor or Wholesaler business by offering comprehensive business insurance policies. EBM employs teams of experienced staff whose job it is to thoroughly understand the risks inherent in the wholesaling, distributing, exporting and importing industry.