Musical Instrument Insurance


Click here for an Instant Online Quote


Whether you are a professional musician, a teacher or an individual with a cherished instrument, EBM’s Musical Instrument insurance has been designed to meet your needs.


We understand the risks you and your instruments face and how we can provide you with peace-of-mind, should a disaster occur. Cover is available for a range of instruments, both classical and electrical, as well as associated equipment.


Whether you need to insure a violin, cello or flute, EBM can assist you in case of loss or damage to your musical instruments. 


You’re Protected at Home or Away


EBM’s Musical Instrument cover can protect your instruments whether they are at home, in transit or overseas.


Policy features include:

  • Full worldwide cover available
  • Accidental Loss or Damage cover
  • Classical instruments include compensation for loss of value following accidental damage
  • No excess for classical instruments (Electrical items excess $160)
  • Hire Costs following loss or damage
  • Optional Theft from Unattended Vehicle Cover
  • Climatic Conditions Cover included
  • Earthquake Cover outside Australia included (if worldwide cover selected)
  • Public Liability $20 million cover available for a very competitive premium.

If you are a Musical Instrument Dealer or Repairer, click here for more information.


Lark Insurance Brokers Logo
Insurance arranged by CoverLink Pty Ltd, an Authorised Representative of Elkington Bishop Molineaux Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd (EBM) in Association with Aston Lark Limited.
Underwritten by Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s.


Downloads Application Forms

Product Disclosure Statement

- Public Liability Endorsement

Claim Form


- Instant online quote (and application)

Proposal for Individuals 

Proposal for Orchestras





Note: Google Chrome does not support the use of interactive forms. Please open in another browser or alternatively download the PDF and open in your PDF reader.


The insurers of this policy are Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s. CoverLink Pty Ltd (CoverLink), ABN 49 148 219 461 is an Authorised Representative (AR 437921) of Elkington Bishop Molineaux Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd (EBM), ABN 31 009 179 640 / AFS Licence No: 246986 and you can contact us via: 1162 Hay Street, West Perth, WA 6005, Australia; Phone toll free: 1300 INSURE (1300 467 873), Email CoverLink holds a binding authority from Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s, which allows CoverLink to arrange, issue and distribute insurance on behalf of said underwriters


If required, EBM will provide You with a Financial Services Guide (‘FSG’) to help You decide whether You wish to use the services they offer.  Any advice about insurance described in this website is provided for your general information and does not take into account your individual needs. You should always consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) to see if the product is right for you. A copy of the PDS is available here or you can contact us for a copy.

Key Contacts

Specialists in this area include:


Brooke McLaren

Brooke McLaren

Commercial Division Manager - Southport

email Brooke



How much should I insure my instruments for?
Instruments should be insured for their Full Market Value. You must ensure the amount insured remains accurate otherwise the amount of a claim may be reduced in proportion with the level of underinsurance.

What is sufficient evidence of value?
Evidence of value can be a valuation which is on company letterhead and signed and dated by a well respected craftsman/dealer in the trade. We can also accept a purchase receipt from a shop.

When is evidence of value required?
This is required prior to inception of the policy for instruments valued at $74,000 or more however we ask that you provide evidence of value for all items as soon as possible, as this is a requirement in the event of a claim.

How often do I need to get my instrument(s) valued?

Given the rising investment value, we recommend that instruments are valued every 3 to 5 years.

What is the Excess in the event of a claim?
For classical items there is no excess. For electrical items, a $160 excess per claim applies.

Can I use my own repairer?
Yes, you can choose a repairer of your choice. It is recommended that the repairer holds a diploma from a well reputed educational institution or similar qualifications in this trade.

Is my instrument covered during transit?
Yes, providing it is securely packed in a hard case.

In the event of a total loss claim do I receive a cash settlement or would I need to purchase a replacement instrument before settlement is processed?
You receive a cash settlement.

How do we get a quote?

You can click the instant online quote button above, or complete a proposal form and email to 

How do we pay the premium?
Premiums are to be paid within 30 days to EBM. Payment options include cheque, BPay and Credit Card.

How can I get a copy of the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and policy wording to see all of the details of the cover?

The PDS can be downloaded by clicking here, or by calling us on 1300 553 534 to request a copy.

Can Public Liability be added to my policy?

Yes, we have recently negotiated with underwriters and can now include $20 million Public Liability cover to new policies and from renewal for existing customers. The premium for this cover is $150 + charges. Please contact us on 1300 553 534 if you wish to include this cover.