Information Technology Insurance
The Information Technology industry has unique risks that change and in this digital age increase daily. EBM can provide IT Insurance cover specifically created for technology professionals that face a range of potential liabilities from clients and third parties that can have devastating financial loss and reputational consequences.
If you work in an organisation or are a consultant that develops, sells, manufactures, licenses, integrates or sells any form of information technology, product or service you should consider IT Liability Insurance. This includes:
- Information Technology Professionals
- IT Consultants
- Software Developers
- Electronic and Telco equipment manufacturers
- Telecommunications providers
- Internet service providers
- Web Hosting service providers
- Hardware/Software resellers
- IT Maintenance and Repair Technicians
Cyber Crime Insurance Coverage
Cyber Crime insurance protects your business against the expenses and legal costs associated with data breaches, which may occur after being hacked or from theft of client information. The treatment of sensitive and personal information should be at the forefront of every business operator, as cyber crime may not only cause reputational risk but dramatically impact your income and so much more.
Cyber Risk Insurance
A typical Cyber Risk insurance policy is designed to provide protection when there is a breach of your IT systems resulting in loss of your, or someone else’s information, and offers coverage for a range of first-party and third-party losses.
- First-party coverage generally includes:
- IT System restoration and remediation
- Business Interruption
- Forensic investigation and data recovery
- Crisis management and PR
- Third-party coverage generally includes:
- Regulatory defence expenses
- Litigation expenses
- Notification costs
- Communications and media liability
Cyber Risk insurance includes protection across the following areas:
- Privacy Liability - A failure to maintain confidentiality of data
- Network Security Liability - The unauthorised use of your networks
- Media Liability - Your online media liability
- Cyber Extortion - Network or data extortion / blackmail
- Data Asset Loss - Data loss and restoration including decontamination and recovery
- Business Interruption - Due network security failure or attack
Data Breach Insurance
A Data Breach insurance policy will provide additional protection. This includes cover for liability arising from unauthorised use of, or access to your networks electronic data or software. It also covers liability claims for inadvertently spreading a virus or malicious code, computer theft, extortion, or an unintentional act, mistake, error, or omission made by your employees while performing their job.
EBM’s expert team of insurance brokers can assist you in finding a cover that suits your needs and business activities. Our Information Technology Insurance can cover:
- Professional Indemnity
- Broadform Liability
- Public Liability
- Products Liability
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Management Liability
- Cyber Risks
- Property Damage
Find out more about Cyber Liability Insurance and if your business covered for Cyber threats such as hacking, data loss or network breaches.
Contact our experienced Information Technology insurance brokers or request an insurance quote today by filling in the contact form or calling us on 1300 755 112.